Sunday, October 12, 2014

To Follow Jesus

Deciding to follow Jesus has been one of the most important things I have ever done. This is just something that has kept me going throughout the years and all the difficulties and trials I have gone through. I try to make Jesus and His teachings the priority and main authority in my life through which everything I believe, think, say or do is measured. In brief, I want to do what pleases Jesus and I want to avoid whatever offends or saddens Him. The greatest gift I can give to another person is to lead them to friendship, knowledge, and love of Christ Jesus. Jesus will never let you down, even when everyone, including ourselves, lets us down. Jesus is there when we fall, make mistakes, hurt ourselves or others, or otherwise suffer. When it is hard to love others, it is Jesus who pushes us to do it anyways. When we feel weak, it is Christ who strengthens us. There are many diverging ideas of who Jesus was and what His role is in our lives and in human history. I believe Jesus is the Son of God, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, and our Lord and Savior. I want you to know Jesus, and follow Him. But I want Him to be your best friend, your guide, your teacher. Whatever you do, invite Jesus into your life. Don't waste a minute not knowing Him. You lose nothing by following Christ, and have everything to gain, for yourself and for others, if you choose to do so. And don't hang yourself up on what everyone else says about Jesus. You can meet Him for yourself. He is here with you, right now, just waiting for you to start a dialogue. He is God, and hears and sees all you live through, and He hears your prayers, and answers them when you are ready for the responses. Say hello to Jesus, and get ready for a life full of God's love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment